The Arhanta Yoga Ashram India is located near Khajuraho, also famous as the City of Temples, in Madhya Pradesh in India. The Yoga ashram covers 17 acres of green land, situated midst beautiful lush nature, surrounded by hills, forests and seemingly endless fields. The natural beauty and varied landscaping of the region makes it a unique location for an ashram.
The life at a Yoga Ashram is simple and focused only on the teachings and your spiritual growth rather than on the comforts of daily life. It is important to understand that an ashram is minimalistic in facilities and does not offer luxuries like a hotel. It is only suitable for those who wish to experience yogic lifestyle and focus on self reflection and growth.
The Arhanta Yoga Ashram in India is the perfect place to follow a spiritual practice. It provides a peaceful, serene and secluded environment where you can focus entirely on your personal spiritual growth. The quiet and peaceful environment gives you the chance to renounce your material dependencies and to bring your focus within. At the same time it allows you to connect with the beautiful nature around you, experiencing a deep connection with the creation. The secluded and beautiful location promotes clarity and self reflection. This helps to go deeper into yoga and meditation practice.
Along with professional Yoga teacher trainings in India, yoga retreats and yoga vacations, the ashram also organizes various charitable works from time to time in nearby villages to improve living standards and general awareness of the local villages.
If you wish to volunteer at our projects, please contact us.
Yoga Ashram facilities
- Simple and clean accommodation.
- Accommodation comprises of single rooms and double shared rooms. All rooms have attached bathrooms. The bathrooms are equipped with western toilet seats and cold showers. Hot water is also available during winter season. All windows and beds have mosquito nets installed.
- Yoga Hall covering 1800 sq.ft.
- Three pure vegetarian meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and herbal tea.
- RO filtered safe drinking water.
- Ashram Boutique (Yoga mats, meditation cushions, shawls, toiletries etc. at actual cost prices)
- Limited Internet is available (the speed and connectivity is dependent on the service provider as well as many other factors)
- International phone facilities.
- Doctor on call facility.
- Airport Pick up and drop off facility.
What to bring to the Ashram
- Yoga mat (can be purchased in the ashram store)
- Toiletries and towels
- Meditation shawl (can be purchased in the ashram store)
- Writing materials
- Alarm working on batteries
- Wristwatch (for the classes How to Teach)
- Comfortable and warm clothing
- Slippers and socks to enter the temples
- Comfortable walking shoes
Rules of the Ashram
- Yoga means bringing discipline to the body, mind and soul. The rules and regulations of the ashram exist to guarantee the maximal spiritual benefits and are a part of the Yogic lifestyle.
- During a Yoga Teacher Training Course, 100% attendance to all the courses is mandatory. Students must follow the schedule and assist to all the classes, lectures and other activities.
- Students of a TTC cannot leave the ashram (except on the day off). In case of an emergency, leaving the ashram is only possible with the written agreement of the course coordinator.
- Alcohol, tobacco and other drugs are strictly forbidden at the ashram.
- The strict schedule and the diet offer you maximum benefit from the course; students are expected to adjust to this schedule and diet as soon as possible.
- We advise you not to bring any valuable things. If necessary it is possible to store your valuables safely in the ashram.
- We ask you to inform the Ashram Administration immediately in case of any physical problem.
- You are allowed to bring medication to continue a certain treatment, but we advise you to inform the Ashram Administration or your teacher beforehand.
- The meals in the Ashram are strictly vegetarian and it is not allowed to bring food from outside to the ashram.
- During meals we preserve strict silence.
- You will participate in Karma Yoga one hour a day.
How to reach
The yoga ashram located 14 km from the Khajuraho Airport and 10 km from the Khajuraho train station. There are daily flights and trains from New Delhi, Varanasi and Agra to Khajuraho. Pickup from the airport and train station is available on request.
Arhanta Yoga Ashram India
Arhanta Yatri Niwas (Near Khajuraho)
Village Bansarai, P.O. Onta Purwa (via Bamitha)
District Chhatarpur,Madhya Pradesh 471105, India
Phone: +91 8120121002