The Arhanta Yoga Ashram India is a traditional Yoga school located near Khajuraho, also known as the City of Temples, in Madhya Pradesh, India. The Yoga ashram covers 17 acres of green land, situated midst beautiful lush nature, surrounded by hills, forests and endless fields. The natural beauty and varied landscaping of the region makes it a unique location for an ashram. At our ashram you can follow a professional yoga teacher training. If you are simply looking for a ashram experience you can join our yoga vacation.
The life at our Yoga ashram is simple and focused only on the teachings and your spiritual growth rather than on the comforts of daily life. It is important to understand that an ashram is minimalist in facilities and does not offer luxuries like a hotel. It is only suitable for those who wish to experience the yogic lifestyle and focus on self-reflection and growth.
The Arhanta Yoga Ashram India is the perfect place to follow a spiritual practice. It provides a peaceful, serene and secluded environment where you can focus entirely on your personal, spiritual growth and learning experience. The quiet and peaceful environment gives you the chance to renounce your material dependencies and to bring your focus within. At the same time it allows you to connect with the beautiful nature around you, experiencing a deep connection with the creation. The secluded and beautiful location promotes clarity and self-reflection. This helps to go deeper into your Yoga and meditation practice.
Arhanta Yoga Ashram India Facilities
- Simple and clean accommodation with choice of single rooms and double shared rooms.
- All rooms have attached bathrooms, and the bathrooms are equipped with western toilet seats and cold showers.
- Hot water is available 24 hours during the winter season
- All windows and beds have mosquito nets installed
- Two large yoga halls covering more than 220 square meter and 170 square meter
- Three pure vegetarian meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and herbal tea
- RO filtered safe drinking water
- Simple ashram shop (Yoga mats, meditation cushions, shawls, toiletries and more at actual cost prices)
- Limited internet is available (the speed and connectivity is dependent on the service provider as well as many other factors)
- International phone facility is available
- Doctor on call facility
- Airport pick up and drop off facility
What to bring to the Ashram
- Comfortable clothing for Yoga asana class. You will be provided 2 pairs of uniform for theory classes
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Layers of warm clothing for in the mornings and at night
- Comfortable slippers
- Slippers and socks to enter the temples
- Shoes for early morning walks
- Mosquito cream
- Working wrist watch with second’s hand for How to teach classes (mandatory)
- Battery operated alarm clock
- Torch / flashlight for early morning walks
- Writing material (pen, pencil, markers, notebook etc)
- Personal toiletries and towels
- Yoga mat, cushion. (Also available at ashram for a reasonable price)
- Blanket for yoga practice (preferable a fleece or cotton plaid of about 130 x 170 cm – also available at ashram for a reasonable price)
- Meditation shawl for morning meditations
- Extra blanket or sleeping bag for the colder nights
Yoga Ashram Rules
Yoga means bringing discipline to the body, mind and soul. The rules and regulations of our Yoga school in India exists to guarantee the maximal spiritual benefits and are part of the Yogic lifestyle.
- During a yoga teacher training, 100% attendance to all the courses is mandatory. Students must follow the schedule and assist to all the classes, lectures and other activities of the school.
- Students of a yoga teacher training cannot leave the ashram (except on the day off), in case of an emergency, leaving the ashram is only possible with the written permission of the course coordinator.
- The use of alcohol, tobacco and drugs are strictly forbidden during your the stay at the ashram.
- The strict schedule and the diet we offer, will make sure you benefit maximum from the course; students are expected to adjust to this schedule and diet as soon as possible.
- We advise you not to bring any valuable things. If necessary it is possible to store your valuables safely in the ashram.
- We ask you to inform the ashram administration immediately in case of any physical problem.
- You are allowed to bring medication to continue a certain treatment, but we advise you to inform the ashram administration and your teacher beforehand.
- The meals in our Yoga school are strictly vegetarian and it is not allowed to bring food from outside into the ashram.
- During breakfast and lunch we preserve strict silence.
- Participation in the daily Karma Yoga for one hour a day is mandatory.
How to reach
It is very easy to get to our ashram. Our Yoga Ashram in India is located at a distance of just 14 km from the Khajuraho airport and 10 km from the Khajuraho train station. There are daily flights and trains from New Delhi, Varanasi and Agra to Khajuraho. Pick-up and drop off are offered to all students on the first and last day of the course. Individual transportation from the airport / train station can be also arranged.
International students can first arrive at New Delhi airport (IGI airport) and from there take a domestic flight or train to Khajuraho. There are many other alternative routes possible, please email us for further assistance.
Arhanta Yoga Ashram India
Village Bansarai, P.O. Onta Purwa (via Bamitha)
District Chhatarpur,Madhya Pradesh 471105, India
Phone: +91 7011723320