The Arhanta 50 hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training course is a continuing education course, especially designed for teachers who want to expand their knowledge and teaching skills to include Vinyasa Yoga. This one week, 50 hour, Vinyasa Yoga certification course is suitable for Arhanta graduates as well as graduates from different schools and traditions.
The term vinyasa is a composition of two words. Nyasa which means “to place” and vi, which means “in a special way”. It is often interpreted as a practice with a theme or purposes consisting of poses linked and associated together. There are as many versions, sequences and definitions as there are teachers, as Vinyasa Yoga is a free style with no lineage and no leading guru as such. During this short and intensive Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training you will learn to understand 3 basic approaches to creating Vinyasa Flow classes.
Generally speaking a Vinyasa Flow class is challenging, focused on continuous Ujjayi breathing, and constantly evolving as your practice deepens. There are no fixed series of poses, each class can be different. The basic idea of Vinyasa Yoga is to allow you to explore a wide ranging syllabus of poses from all traditions, linked together in a fluid and dynamic way. You can explore poses from the Hatha Yoga tradition and from the Ashtanga first, second and third series.
During the 50 hour intensive Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training you will practice teaching and adjusting Vinyasa Yoga daily. You will understand the alignments of the key postures in detail and understand how to spot and correct common mistakes. Vinyasa Yoga (sometimes also called Power Vinyasa) is physically challenging and you will often need to adapt and modify certain elements of the class to make it more accessible to your students. During this week-long intensive course you will learn how to adapt the class to a more Easy Vinyasa Flow level and how to offer even more individual modifications whenever necessary.
During the course you will
- practice different sequences of Vinyasa Yoga daily,
- understand the underlying philosophy and history of Vinyasa Yoga,
- practice meditation and pranayama daily,
- understand how to prevent common yoga injuries and how to apply modifications for common (back) injuries.
You will acquire teaching skills of
- instructing Vinyasa Flow classes,
- adapting the elements of Vinyasa Flow (e.g. Sun Salutations) to different levels,
- adjusting and correcting during Vinyasa Yoga class,
- Vinyasa sequencing and class structure for different class goals and levels.
As per latest international standards, all yoga teachers are encourage to attend at least 30 hours of training every 3 years to maintain and enhance their knowledge.
How a day looks like
Residential one-week Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Course
|06:00 – 07:00 am||Morning Meditation|
|07:00 – 07:30 am||Breakfast|
|08:15 – 11:15 am||How to teach|
|11:30 – 12:00 pm||Lunch|
|12:00 – 12:45 pm||Karma Yoga|
|01:00 – 02:30 pm||Lecture|
|03:15 – 5:15 pm||Asana practice|
|05:30 – 06:00 pm||Dinner|
|07:00 – 08:00 pm||Meditation, Talk|
|08:30 pm||Herbal Tea|
50 hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Dates
We organize the 50 hour Vinyasa Flow course at the Arhanta Yoga Ashram Netherlands once every year. This one week, residential course will take place at our ashram in the Netherlands from:
|7 May – 13 May 2018||Available
Residential 50 hour Vinyasa TTC Fees
|Accommodation||Fees (In Euros)|
*includes all tuition, accommodation, 3 meals per day and the course manual
- Basic understanding of English language.
- Previous knowledge and experience of any style of yoga is recommended. (This course is also accessible for students with a regular and steady yoga asana practice, who would like to delve deeper in their understanding of Vinyasa Yoga. It is important to note however, that this 50 hour training can not replace a 200 hour yoga teacher training.)
- An interest and desire to grow and learn.
- Mentally and physically fit enough to follow the course.
The 50 hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Course will be held at the Arhanta Yoga Ashram Europe, located in the south-east of the Netherlands, near Arnhem. The Arhanta Yoga Ashram is located within lush green fields in the Dutch country side, providing an ideal setting for intensive learning and introspection, it can host up to 35 students.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion of the 50 hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training, that you can count towards your continuing education.
To register, please fill and send the Application form.
For any further information please contact us at email@example.com.