The Arhanta Yoga teacher certification course is spread over four weeks of intensive yoga training covering 240 hours in total. The yoga teacher training program is carefully designed to give you detailed knowledge of Yoga, vedic philosophy, detailed correction and modification techniques, useful anatomy and physiology in a very systematic manner. The course curriculum meets and exceeds the international teacher training curriculum requirements.
The courses are conducted at Arhanta Yoga ashram India and Arhanta Yoga ashram Netherlands, Europe where you will learn and study following the ancient Indian system of study i.e. Gurukul system. This system is based on the philosophy that the student lives and studies with the fellow students at the residential study center.
This system helps to build a strong bond of trust and dedication between the teachers and the students and facilitates a smooth flow and proper understanding of the teachings. Staying at the Gurukul for the four weeks also helps the students to stay away from out side distractions and completely focus and learn at their optimum potential.
The early morning Satsang starts with Pranayama, meditation, mantra chanting and kirtan.
Yoga Asana and Pranayama
The course covers 18 basic asanas in complete detail, including the proper alignment, important benefits, counter indications, precautions, individual adjustments and corrections and modifications as well as different variations. Furthermore it teaches additional 160 asanas including 84 beginners asanas.
The course also covers the Shat Kriyas, three main Bandhas, eight advanced Pranayama, Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga, Yoga for children, Yoga for old people or with limited movements. In the morning How to teach asana class explains the skills and techniques to teaching yoga. The students learn the most effective way to explain the yoga asanas, to give accurate corrections and modifications of the asanas to suit to the individuals. You will also learn most efficient communication and motivation techniques. in this class you will also practice teaching in groups. Additional 40 hours are provided for this class in addition to 200 hours of yoga training.
Karma Yoga is the practiced daily for one hour. Karma yoga includes volunteer work or selfless service.
The main Philosophy lecture is the eye opener in the Yoga teacher training course. It explains the ancient yogic philosophies in the light of modern point of view.
In an interrogating way the ancient philosophies are discussed and accessed to understand properly their true meaning and importance.This class clears most of the questions about self, soul, mind,purpose of life etc.
Chanting is part of Bhakti Yoga. Chanting is practiced in morning and evening Satsangs everyday. You will learn various bhajans and vedic mantras in this session. Chanting instantly calms the mind and brings the state of tranquility.
There are often group discussions during Satsang, in which student are asked to share their life experiences, fears, thoughts on various topics like anger, love etc. These sessions help you to discover new ideas as well as overcome the fear of talking in front of the groups.
Detailed Study Program
- 180 Classical yoga poses including 84 beginners asanas and 35 advance asanas.
- How to teach 84 classical poses(18 root Classical Hatha Yoga poses in extreme detail), as well as the Sun salutation
- How to make proper environment for class
- Important pointers on teaching a Yoga class
- Basic structure of a Yoga class
- Basic structure of the Beginner’s course
- Yoga Asana variations for Beginners and Elementary levels
- Kids Yoga
- Yoga asana modifications for elderly people and limited movements
- Yoga for pregnant women
- How and when to modify asanas
- Deep relaxation / Yog Nidra
- Abdominal breathing
- Full Yogic breath
- Anulom Vilom
- 8 advanced pranayama
Bandhas and kriyas
- 3 Bandhas: Jalandhara,Moola, Uddiyana
- Shat kriyas: Jala and Sutra neti, Nauli, Dhauti, Basti Tratak, Kapalabhati
- What is Meditation
- Meditation vs Concentration
- Why to meditate
- Guide to proper Meditation
- Different methods and steps to Meditation
- What are Mantras
- Mantra Initiation and Chanting
The Four Paths of Yoga
- Raja Yoga
- Bhakti Yoga
- Karma Yoga
- Jnana Yoga
- Kundalini Yoga
- Awakening of the Kundalini shakti
- Common obstacles in path of Kundalini awakening
- 3 main Nadis: Ida, Pingla, Sushumna
- Seven chakras
- Aim and meaning of Yoga
- 5 principles of yogic practice
- 4 Paths of Yoga
- 8 limbs of Raja Yoga
- 7 stages of Awareness
- 3 Gunas – Sattva, Rajas, Tamas
- Maya, Prakriti, Brhaman, Avidya
- Atman, Parmataman, Jiva
- 3 Bodies; Physical, Astral,Spiritual
- 4 Inner instruments; Mind,intellect,subconscious ego
- Working of mind
- 5 Major and 5 minor Pranas
Anatomy and Physiology
- 8 main Body systems
- Spine and its common disorders
- Difference between Yoga and other physical exercises
- Injury Prevention and cures
- Alignments, adjustments & modifications
- Yoga as therapy
Diet and nutrition
- What is Ayurveda
- Yogic diet
- Effect of diet, nutrition and lifestyle on body and mind
- Body types and suitable diets
Karma and Reincarnation
- The law of action and reaction
- The law of compensation
- The law of retribution
- Destiny, self-effort and free will
- Purpose of birth and rebirth
Techniques for Teaching
- Psychology of teacher
- Psychology of student
- Correction and guidance techniques
- Motivation techniques
- Communication techniques
- Structuring and planning the classes & workshops
- Ethical guidelines for a Yoga teacher
- How to setup your Yoga business or Yoga studio
- How to: find location, advertise and promote, renewals
- Common fallback and mistakes and how to avoid them
- Practical tips for smooth running of Yoga business
Study Material (Complementary for all Yoga Teacher Training course students)
- Arhanta Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Shat Kriya kit
The fees include all tuition, accommodation, food, Arhanta Yoga Teacher Training manual, Shat kriya kit, 2 pairs of uniforms, complementary pick up and drop to the Khajuraho airport or train station and a complementary membership to the International Yoga Association or European Yoga Association.
|Double Shared||Single Room|
Course Fees – The Netherlands (Europe)
The fees include all tuition, accommodation, food, complementary 250+ page Yoga Teacher Training manual, 2 pairs of uniforms. All graduates also get a complementary lifetime membership to the European Yoga Association or International Yoga Association.
|Accommodation & Meals||€300||€500||€650|
- Total number of seats per course are limited.
- Our 200 hours Teacher Training Course is registered with Yoga Alliance, European Yoga Association & International Yoga Federation as and accredited by all major Yoga federations.
- All fees are based on Euro conversion rate. The deposit secures a place on course but does not fix the rate. The rates at the time of payment in full will be applied. Fees are subject to change without prior notice.
In case of any further queries, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org