Ready to Become An Advanced Yoga Teacher?
Deepen your practice and become an advanced, multi-style yoga teacher with our 300 hour yoga teacher training. This is a residential 29-day course which takes place once every two years at our Yoga Ashram in the Netherlands, Europe. This advanced training is accredited with the International Yoga Federation and Yoga Alliance and enables you to register as a RYT 500 hours after successful completion of the course.
Overview - Advanced 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training
- Learn to practice & teach advanced Hatha Yoga asanas
- Learn to teach Yin Yoga
- Learn to teach Vinyasa Flow Yoga
- Learn to teach Meditation
- Learn to customize and sequence yoga classes
- Deepen your understanding of yogic philosophy
- Regular practice of pranayama and the proper use of bandhas
- Register as a RYT 500 (Advanced Registered Yoga Teacher) with Yoga Alliance
Why Arhanta Yoga Ashrams
- Trained over 4000 yoga teacher since 2009
- Expert teachers with 40 years of combined teaching experience
- Personal attention & guidance for every student
- Authentic yoga ashrams
- Post course guidance & support
“I really enjoyed this 300 hour advanced yoga teacher training program. We learned many poses in Hatha Yoga, Yin Yoga and Vinyasa Yoga. We learned Yoga Nidra which was great to maintain team work and the idea that we are all in this experience together. The teachers did a great job of maintaining the integrity of the ashram and the Indian culture of yoga. I would recommend this program to anyone wanting an authentic experience. This was an intensive program but well worth the travel and time.” Nicol, Canada
“I would like to thank Ram and Kalyani for all their efforts and personal interest in each one of us. It was a good experience, I loved walking under the night sky to pranayama at 5.30 in the morning. It was good being surrounded by nature and being away from so many distractions. I loved to learn about yin yoga, functional anatomy and yoga background and practice.” Elke, Germany
“To be here was amazing! The best experience in my life to learn yoga. I can’t believe it! I did it and I am very proud because it was very hard for me, but it is worth a lot. I learned a lot. The best choice for a yoga teacher training. How to teach was very detailed. Right now I feel a lot of confidence in myself to teach yoga. It changed my life. Thank you so much Arhanta yoga team!” Maria, Mexico
“It has been an exciting month! What a wonderful experience! Once in a lifetime! It was very challenging, especially physically, but I learned a lot of incredible things in many ways. The training has been very educational in several ways and I really grew physically and mentally. I also had some small victories on myself. Who could ever have thought of me studying not once but even twice with you, particularly in India!! It has given me so much inspiration. I cannot thank you enough, I feel blessed!” Nancy, Netherlands
“I came to this course hoping to deepen my understanding, of yoga and Hindu philosophy, and anatomy as it relates to teaching yoga. In these areas, my learning far expected my expectations. In the past, I’ve had limited experience with Yin yoga, and was pleased to learn Taoist philosophy as well. Now I feel qualified to teach Yin yoga. Ram and Kalyani are outstanding teachers and I am overwhelmed by the growth and beauty of the ashram. I would recommend this program to any truly dedicated yoga teacher. It is very challenging, but equally rewarding.” John, USA
Multi-style 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training Location and Teachers
Meet the teachers
Ram Jain (ERYT 500, 40,000 hours of teaching experience)
Ram is the head teacher and director of our yoga ashrams with teaching experience of 19 years. He has trained over 4000 yoga teachers worldwide since 2009. Born and raised in India, his yoga and vedic philosophy education started at the age of 8 years as a part of his primary school education. He has in-depth knowledge of various ancient scriptures like Vedas, Bhagavad Gita, Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga Pradipika as well as anatomy and physiology.
Kalyani Hauswirth-Jain is a senior teacher & Creative Director at the Arhanta Yoga Ashrams since 2013. She was born and raised in Switzerland. Since early adolescence she has been fascinated by art, bodywork, the body-mind connection. The mother of two children now, she has been teaching yoga for over 10 years, training yoga teachers for more than eight years at the Arhanta Yoga Ashrams in India and the Netherlands.She is co-author of the critically acclaimed book – Hatha Yoga for Teachers & Practitioners: A Comprehensive Guide to Holistic Sequencing. Kalyani has profound knowledge of physiology and movement technique.
Omkar Jain is an experienced yoga teacher trainer with teaching experience of over 5,000 hours. He has been teaching at Arhanta Yoga since 2011 and has become an essential member of the team.Omkar was born and raised in India, and grew up with traditional values. He has studied with various reputed teachers like Saraswathi Rangaswamy (daughter of Sri. Pattabhi Jois). His classes are fun and challenging for students of all levels. He teaches with focus, discipline and humor at the same time. His ability to comprehensively transmit knowledge helps students to mature into confident teachers.
Our advanced yoga teacher training takes place at our beautiful Yoga Ashram in the Netherlands, near the city of Arnhem in the province of Gelderland. You can easily reach the ashram with public transport from Amsterdam airport (Schiphol). The ashram is spread over 4 acres of green land and offers the ideal location and facilities to practice yoga and experience the yogic lifestyle.
300 hour Yoga Teacher Certification Course Structure
Is this course for You?
This course is meant for
- Yoga teachers who want to become advanced yoga teacher.
- Yoga teachers who want to learn how to teach advance Hatha.
- Yoga teachers who want to learn how to teach Yin Yoga and Vinyasa Yoga.
- Yoga teachers who want to deepen their knowledge on asana, philosophy & yoga anatomy.
As this is a second level advance teacher training, there are some requirement you must fulfill before applying for this course:
- You must have completed a 200 hour yoga teacher training.
- You must be willing to adapt to the ashram lifestyle e.g. abstain from tobacco, alcohol and drugs, attend a strict class schedule, etc.
- You must have a genuine desire to further your yoga education.
- You must be physically & mentally fit to follow an intensive training.
|06:00 am||Meditation / chanting|
|08:00 am||How to Teach|
|12:00 pm||Karma Yoga|
|01:00 pm||Lecture / Philosophy / Anatomy|
|03:00 pm||Advanced Asana Practice|
|07:00 pm||Meditation / others|
|08:00 pm||Herbal Tea|
|09:30 pm||Lights out|
What will you learn
This advanced 300 hour yoga teacher training in the Netherlands covers a wide variety of topics and is composed of 270 contact hours and 30 non-contact hours.
The following topics will be covered during this training:
Advanced asana practice
- Daily intensive advanced Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa and/or Yin Yoga practice
- Advanced asana variations
Vinyasa Yoga (50 hours)
- Principles of Vinyasa Flow Yoga
- Vinyasa sequences
- Vinyasa instruction
- Correction & adjustment techniques
- Principles of Vinyasa Yoga sequencing
Yin Yoga (50 hours)
- 7 archetypal postures
- 26 main Yin Yoga poses in detail
- Yin Yoga instruction techniques
- Yin Yoga philosophy
- Yin Yoga anatomy
- Principles of Yin Yoga
- Sequencing in Yin Yoga
- Structuring Yin Yoga classes
- Adjustments & corrections of Yin Yoga poses
- Regular practice of 6 Pranayamas
- You will practice Nadi Shodhan and more pranayama / advanced breathing exercises on a daily basis
- Regular practice of Bandhas (locks)
- Overview of Bhagavad Gita
- Overview of the Patanjali Yoga Sutras
- Profound understanding of the concepts of yogic philosophy
Yoga Anatomy & Physiology
During the course you will study yoga anatomy and physiology. This in depth understanding will help you to improve your personal practice, as well as develop your teaching skills. The anatomy classes cover the following topics:
- Detailed information on musculo-skeletal system
- Anatomy of classical Hatha Yoga asanas
- Physiology of yoga asanas
- Physiology of breathing
- Physiology of stretching
- Frequent injuries of yoga practice
- What to do to prevent injuries
- Techniques to provide your students individual modifications
- Frequent back injuries and how to deal with back injury during yoga practice
- Endocrine or Hormonal system
- Anatomy of Chakras
Advanced yoga teaching
- Techniques to teach advanced asanas
- Learning how to build up a yoga asana class
- Techniques to sequence a yoga asana class
- Techniques to customize a class
- How to provide advanced modifications
- How to organize workshops
- Daily lead meditation practice
- How to teach meditation
- Different techniques for teaching meditation
- Techniques for classical meditation
- Purification of chakras
- Five elements purification
- Tantric meditation
Dates and Fees
Upcoming course dates
Our next 300 hour Yoga teacher training in Europe will take place at the Arhanta Yoga Ashram in the Netherlands from:
300 Hour Advanced Yoga
|10 May - 7 Jun||5 Seats Left||NL|
The course fee for the 300 hour yoga teacher training course in the Netherlands include all classes, vegetarian meals, selected accommodation, course manual, complimentary registration as RYT 500 with International Yoga Association.
|2 person shared bedroom||Euros 3100|
|Single bedroom||Euros 3300|
- Our 300 hours advanced multi-style yoga teacher training is registered with Yoga Alliance, European Yoga Association, International Yoga Federation and accredited by all major yoga federations.
- Payment plans are available on request.
Read more reviews
“I enjoyed this advanced yoga teacher training a lot. It’s a tough training in which you receive a great deal of tools you can apply immediately into your life. I also learned how to adapt a sequence with advanced yoga poses and the correction techniques to apply. Ram and Kalyani are very competent teachers. The ashram in India is beautiful, minimalist and breaths a calm and wonderful atmosphere. This education is very well composed: Adjusted meals, control over your feelings, meditation, yoga, how you teach, all kinds of styles, philosophy, minimalist surroundings, cleansing the body. A must for everyone!” René, Netherlands
“This is my second time here, and as the first one, is has been amazing. Wonderful people, wonderful atmosphere and so many new things to learn. Every person of the staff has been very kind and professional. The surroundings nature is stunning: I was really able to feel at home in this place.” Matteo, Italy
“This was my second time at Arhanta. The training this time was also very inspiring. All the asana classes were great. Kalyani is a fantastic teacher, she has lots of knowledge but also shows you how building up an asana. The philosophy classes were challenging for me but also very useful, especially to use in your own classes. Ram knows a lot about the whole philosophy. A big thanks to Arhanta! And maybe we’ll meet again at one of the refresher courses!” Lucia, Netherlands
“I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Arhanta. I learned a lot of new things and made some fantastic new friends. Every time we came back from town, it felt like coming home. Thanks to the teachings about letting go of attachment and working with a life vision, I now feel much more confident in moving ahead. Thank you all very much for everything.” Cinderelle, Netherlands
“I liked that I learned about Yin as well as Vinyasa. Kalyani is kind, patient and very knowledgeable. I found the philosophy very interesting, as well as the physiology. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. The staff is kind and respectful. I’m satisfied with the training and knowledge I received and am excited to apply it to my classes in the future.” Amanda, USA
“It was the second time for me in the Ashram in India. The grounds became even more beautiful and the food better! I learned everything I wanted to learn; how to teach a Vinyasa class, a Yin class, sequencing & anatomy. I feel I have all the knowledge necessary to start my teaching adventure in real life. Many thanks to Kalyani & Ram!” Linda, Netherlands
“You get a deep understanding of how to teach, assist and perform advanced asanas and what effect they have on the body anatomically and psychological. You come out of here full of inspiration and ready to teach advanced classes. It was an amazing experience.” Julie, Belgium